Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


heating components

Corporate clients can register to view our password protected Corporate area to view additional information.  

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon-Monoxide Odourless and Colourless

Carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home.At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of

Lack of Servicing or Incorrect Servicing

Lack of servicing or incorrect servicing may fail to detect faulty gas appliances which produce carbon-monoxide. Correct servicing of gas boilers is essential to ensure your gas boiler is operating correctly and safely. Every year approximately 20 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed or maintained. (picture of fireplace with soot marks)


Defective flues or Incorrect fluing arrangements (see picture) and or flues that have been altered against the manufacturers guidelines can contribute to CO entering the dwelling. This is a real concern as a faulty flue will not expell the CO.


Fresh air for complete combustion is required for many gas appliances.It is very important never to block air ventilators as this increases the risk of carbon-monoxide occurring during the combustion process.(pictures of approved ventilators)

Carbon Monoxide Detector

We recommend fitting a carbon-monoxide detector with an audible alarm. This is especially relevant in tenanted properties. Always make sure that the detector is manufactured to British Standard EN 50291 and carries a British or European approval mark.

Articles on Carbon-Monoxide Poisoning

The Health and Safety Executive web site on carbon-monoxide poisoning is very informative with lots of content;


Some good articles,reports and videos on Carbon-Monoxide poisoning

CO Awareness
Lynn Griffiths runs a support group for victims of Carbon-Monoxide poisoning she is also increasing awareness on this issue.

Contact Us

Contact Us today or telephone on 0208 758 9799 to find out how we can help you. Just tell us your exact requirements and our helpful staff will be delighted to assist you.